Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Intelligender Test

We are so lucky to be having a baby at this time because of all the new testing available, like 3D ultrasounds, at home fetal dopplers, and more recently, the Intelligender boy or girl test!!  ; )  It's a newer test available that's kind of like a pregnancy test, only it predicts the gender of your baby as early as 10 weeks along...  It claims to be 80-90% accurate, and you can get it at Walgreens.  Obviously, we decided to pick one up, and I took the test this morning-just shy of 11 weeks along.  Of course, this test is not definitive, but thought it would be fun to try it out and see what our results were.  The way I looked at it was even 80% is not terrible odds, however, we won't be painting the nursery blue until we get confirmation from our doctor through an ultrasound....  That's right people, I said blue!!!!  Our result was a very clear BOY!!  So assuming the test is correct, we are expecting a little boy!  Not sure exactly how far along I will be before we find out for sure, but we can't wait for it to be confirmed...

I had to take the test at 4:30 this morning because I could no longer hold my bladder, and the instructions are very clear that you should use the first morning's urine...  Needless to say, for anyone who has been pregnant before, I had already been holding it for several hours.  I woke Jared up, and asked if he wanted to look at the results with me 10 minutes later & was pleasantly surprised that he was able to peel himself out of bed with me to see them.  The test was very easy to read, and as soon as we turned the corner we could see that the results were BOY!!  Jared insists that he knew this all along, but was very pleased to have his prediction at least somewhat confirmed...  He was so happy that he barely went back to sleep, randomly saying, "It's a boy!"  Which he carried over into song lyrics in the shower...  ; )  So, I think its fair to say that Jared is ever so slightly excited at the prospect of a baby boy on the way!  Not to be confused with me not being excited...  I was the one who really didn't care either way, my prayer is that the baby is healthy and happy no matter what the sex.  Jared has been pulling for a boy all along, and I'm happy that he will more than likely be getting his wish!  I just hope and pray I get mine as well!!

Just thought I'd share the results of this fun, new gender test with ya'll!!  After having taken the test, I have read several not so favorable reviews about its accuracy, so don't go buying out the department store boys section...  That's right, I'm talking to you, Mom.  ; )  At least not yet!!  Once it is confirmed, go crazy, I certainly don't want to impede on your Grandma style...  But for now, I guess we can consider it a preliminary result, and we wanted to share it with ya'll.  Our next appointment is May 28th, so I may not have another update until then.  Hope ya'll are excited to add another boy to the mix, because we sure are!!




2 comments:

  1. LOL I was thinking the same thing about telling mom not to buy the entire boys section just yet! She'll have plenty of time for that once it's confirmed! :) I was actually at Kohl's yesterday to return something and the customer service desk was right next to the baby section....I couldn't help but look!! Can't wait for a definite result from the ultrasound to start the madness! Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! I can't wait to start getting the nursery ready!! It's going to be so much fun!!! Ahhh!!! Love ya'll too!

    ReplyDelete